d: i don’t have claws and fangs anymore.
b: that’s why he called me.
Young Dad Wins Back Custody of Child Adopted Without Consent
26-year-old Jeremiah Sampson waged a three-year court battle that forced him to drop out of college to pay for legal expenses in gaining custody of his child.
Sampson drove five hours to Rolla, Mo., once or twice a week for more than six months to challenge the adoption in court. The adoptive parents threw a towel over the baby’s head in court, refusing to let him look at his birth father.
Born and raised in Coweta, Oklahoma, Sampson had four older brothers, three sisters and a mother who worked two jobs to support them all. He didn’t meet his father until he was 13 and hasn’t seen him much since.
“I would never do that to my own flesh and blood,” Sampson said. “I would never walk away from my own child.”
Sampson is now suing the adoption agency for violating his parental rights by going ahead with the placement even after he objected.
Source: Tulsa World
THIS IS MONUMENTAL IF YOU KNOW ANYTHING OF THE ADOPTION INDUSTRY’S ALL OUT GLOBAL ASSAULT ON BLACK FAMILY PRESERVATION OMG LOOK AT THIS GLORIOUS DUO LOOK AT THIS GLORIOUS RULING I CANNOT CONTAIN MY EXCITEMENT /capslock!orphan X
Hullu, I have a few exemples of how TBBT is sexist, if u still want them:
- We could start with the trope “Nice guys can’t get laid” and the “hot girls only like jerks” (Penny);
- Also, how Penny, whose main concerns are buying shoes and dating men like her, is the very stereotype of the dumb hot blonde girl (who’s the stereotype of the “drunk slut” as well). And she’s nothing but a trophy to be conquered by Leonard (given that she is there since season 1 and doesn’t even have a last name);
- Amy as the stereotype of female scientist: badly dressed, masculine, cold, desperate for male companionship (for she is often trying to satisfy Sheldon’s every tastes and needs),etc;
- It often emphasizes that only men can be “real” geeks. (see “The Bakersfield Expedition”, where they joke about how alien it is for women to be “geeky”, actually, the jokes made about the lack of women in comic book stores is fucking ridiculous) this shows’ not only a stereotype for women as people who do not usually go to such places, but also stereotypes men as unable to not look at a beautiful woman, not to mention showing geeky/intelligent men as socially awkward and rather phobic towards women. Another major display of this fact is the episode “Thee Good Guy Fluctuation”, in the fifth season, where Leonard was praised for getting a pretty girl’s phone number at the comic book store.;
- The whole Howard character: who tracked down and stalked a group of top models as if he was entitled to them even tho it was pointed out by other characters, he incisively hits on Summer Glau, making her downright creepd out, while the other guys watch in amusement, using a remote control car to look up Penny’s skirt as if it was funny and “a-okay”, the one episode where Penny’s friend visits and only sleeps with Howard for his money (strengthening the “Women are Gold Diggers” stereotype). And that is shown as “OKAY” because that’s Howard’s “appeal”, he being a creep IS his appeal. Even the one time he was called out on his bullshit (by Penny), she later apologises for having “hurt his feelings” (poor sexist bastard);
- The contrast between Penny and Amy, displaying the idea that women are either “pretty” OR “smart”, never both;
- Slut shaming in season 2, when an actress moves in to the building making Penny jealous to the point where Penny says “dead whore on TV, live one in real life” (aparently judging someone’s sexual experiences is funny in TBBT);
- in a certain Christmas episode Amy complains about passing out at a frat party and waking up with her clothes on (I mean, Seriously. Why do these people find rape funny?);I hope I didn’t get all confusing and loooong. Eitheir way, I hope it helps and good luck ^^
sodjkgsadg i love you so much for this ok? i can’t even explain how much i love you for this
not all m o n s t e r s, do m o n s t r o u s things.
l i k e w h o ?l i k e s c o t t .
I’m sick of living a lie, aren’t you? I’m not lyin’ to you. Everyone else? Who gives a shit about everybody else? What fucking difference does it make if I lie to them? Because… Because you’re not free.